What is Medical Tourism?
Medical tourism involves travelling to another country for the purpose of receiving convenient overseas medical treatments, including plastic surgery, eye vision correction surgery, and dental treatment.
Why is Medical Tourism Gaining in Popularity?
There a several key motivations for people to seek convenient overseas medical treatments, the primary reasons being:
- Affordability: The cost of medical procedures in Western countries can be significant, and sometimes becomes inaccessible to many people. Medical tourism is a cost-effective option, especially given the advantageous exchange rates available in destination countries.
- Quality of healthcare: Locations such as India, Brazil, and Malaysia number amongst the top countries for convenient overseas medical treatments. They are ranked for their provision of quality healthcare at international standards, not to mention ease of communication with high levels of English fluency of hospital staff.
- Availability: Some people travel overseas in order to access treatments that are not available in their home countries.
- Convenience: With such busy lives, many people find it difficult to take time off work for either holidays or medical procedures. With medical tourism, you can combine the two for a productive holiday that you can justify and enjoy.
A Variety of Convenient Overseas Medical Treatments to Suit
There are a wide range of convenient overseas medical treatments on offer, based on individual preferences. The destination itself may vary depending on the treatment you require, in addition to the style of travel and accommodation that you would like to experience. The following is an overview of the treatments widely available:
- Dental bridges
- Dental implants
- Breast augmentation / enlargement
- Breast implants / lift
- Face and neck lift
- Upper eyelid surgery
- Tummy tuck / abdominoplasty
- Cosmetic surgery for liposuction
- Forehead lift
Eye Vision Correction:
- Refractive lens exchange surgery for the correction of short and long vision
- Lasik eye surgery to improve vision and eliminate the necessity for eyeglasses
If you’d like to book a holiday for convenient overseas medical treatments that you can trust, My Body & Spirit have the solution you need. We provide a range of travel options such as group tours and package deals, and coordinate your medical holiday from start to finish. Once we understand your unique needs and requirements, we can help you to choose the most suitable hospital, doctor, and treatment. Furthermore, we take care of all the details, for your peace of mind. From flights and transfers, accommodation and medical insurance, My Body & Spirit has got you covered. Call us on 07 5449 7000 to discuss options for your holiday plan, or get in touch via our website.